Throw Out Your New Year's Resolution. Try This Instead.

Monday, January 5, 2015


January is a strange dance. New years resolutions are dreamed up and followed with quick precision accompanied by the most upbeat rhythm. As days pass, January, along with our lists, lay tired as they get swept away with our best intentions.

I’ve been flipping through the pages of The Desire Map by Danielle LaPorte, who planted this bud of promise within me:

Rather than filling a blank page with foreign far off places, or vows to reel in more money or friends, I’m making a different kind of list. One that fills this blank page with emotions I want to feel and using them as a roadmap in making (daily) decisions that will make me feel those emotions in the next 365 days ahead.

How do you want to feel in 2015? At work? At home? With friends? With yourself? With God?

Here's my list.

In 2015 I want to feel …

Peace
Adventure
Connectedness
Fit
Creative 
Strong

My word for 2014 was resilience. It’s funny, how one word can so perfectly catch indescribable emotions that were set free this past year of my life. The human spirit is strong. With each hurt, it doesn’t break but bend. It’s almost our super human power, right? It fuels off of pain, and before you know it, this beautiful thing goes through a process of becoming someone new, which I bid my 2015, transformation. 

Wishing you all nothing but happiness in the year ahead. xo


0 comments:

Post a Comment

The Sound of Pretty All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger