Why I Cry a Lot These Days

Friday, March 11, 2016

I cry a lot these days (happy cries).

I remember growing up and seeing my parents cry. Worry stricken, I’d ask why they were sad. “I’m crying because I’m happy," they would say.

My younger self was confused. My present self gets it.

As we ride the good ride of life, we’ve involuntarily been statistics and eyewitnesses of the bumps and bruises life gifts. To be the recipient of fleeting moments of joy is the best medicine. Side effect: tears.

Recently an episodic cry session visited while I was running. I turned into a breathless hot mess of sweat and tears. I welcomed my raw thoughts and emotions to run alongside me, accompanied by heart pumping, bass beating symphonies. In a magical moment, my mind and body were fiercely fighting for me in a release of ultimate spirit-soaring power. Gratitude and time correlate on a steady upward curve, and in that moment, I made the most beautiful realization: I was on the upswing.

Inquiring hardships is no wish – we throw our hands and hearts up to God and ask, why us? These same heart-wrenching hardships glorify simplicity, evoke compassion, and unite humanity. We’re meant to be brave messengers, sharing our unique experiences that have gifted us wisdom that we can then cast out like a life vest to souls drowning in similar situations.

Life is a tough teacher, using despair as ammunition to put holes in our hearts, but that only makes more room for light to shine.

And as I wrap up this post I can honestly say I haven’t shed a tear…but then again, I haven’t gone running yet.

1 comments:

  1. Wow! Wonderful Insight from a Beautiful Messenger.
    And yes, brought a tear to my eye.

    ReplyDelete

The Sound of Pretty All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger