heart, stolen.

Wednesday, September 4, 2013



A four hour car ride later I squealed in delight when we finally reached the “surprise” Ben had been planning for me. Petoskey, Mi had always been brimming with memories for us. We were to spend the entire weekend in the most lovely B&B to celebrate three years together.

I am still swept off my feet looking back on it. White washed furniture placed so perfectly across the 19th century porch, one of the tables housing a tea cup and matching kettle with floral prints thrown on its surface. Laughter and piano notes flying in and out of a nearby window stole my attention, my eyes running to twinkling lights laced on the terrace. This house was old, but it was alive as ever. A grand ballroom popped out of the woodwork to my left where we ate dinner: fresh bread and two rounds of beer. To vacation and three years, we toasted.

After dinner, Ben insisted we go to the state park to watch the sun bow out and the stars begin their dance.

Flash forward to two glasses of wine, a pair of shaky hands and a speech later, Ben was on one knee looking up at the girl he was asking to marry. (I said yes!)

The weekend was pure fulfillment of my heart. Celebrating and toast (and advice – my favorite part!) from strangers were in no short supply.

Seeing Petoskey in the rearview mirror, the sun making its last debut, I couldn’t help but get a little sad at leaving this little city. But it wasn’t the end – it’s the beginning of forever.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

The Sound of Pretty All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger