2014

Sunday, January 5, 2014



The band was fired up. A large woman let her voice loose in a crowd of people waiting to catch it. She slowed her tune as the crowd began counting down the seconds to the birth of 2014.

I'm not moving forward in the New Year with eagerness spilling like the champagne in each partygoer’s hand. Rather, I am looking 2014 in the eyes knowing it will challenge me and test my faith. I had to grow up fast in the past two years, both a curse and a blessing. I am a strong believer that in times of tribulation there is a deep transformation within the mind, body and soul.

While I have a string of small resolutions in the New Year my biggest is to not be afraid, for God is within us. I didn't realize how precious time is until it is taken away.

As confetti poured from the ceiling I lift my glass and make a toast to cherishing every moment without fear. And when the woman began to pick up the tempo, so too did my faith.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

The Sound of Pretty All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger