When the struggle is real

Friday, October 7, 2016


When the struggle is real, we all have our MO. Mine:

Jump in the car and drive. I don’t know who I’m kidding…this is never really a serious option for me because I never know where to drive to and it just seems like a lot of work trying to figure it out.

Listen to sappy songs that bring back beautiful memories (Squad: Cat Stevens, Frank Sinatra).

Sit in my closet and write, because can’t a girl just sit with all of her pretty things?

In this particular instance, I went with option 3. So there I was, sitting in my coveted corner of the world, journal in hand, paging through old entries when I discovered a little love note...to myself. Here it is, the little dime-piece that I wrote three years ago.

2013

Dear an older me,

Be calm. Give your worries to God. Love Him and know he wants the very best for you. He loves you more than you can ever imagine. (Hi God, remember me?)

Don’t do something purely because all of your friends are, probably by now, getting married or having babies. Pursue these beautiful moments on your own timeline. 

Don't judge others and live in the moment. Don’t assume your age should correlate with a job title or salary. 

Take life as it comes and let God guide your heart (and don't forget to listen). You know when something isn’t right.

Love with all your heart and trust instead of question. You will find love will enlighten and fulfill you once you let go and let it in.

Let in the sun of each new day, even if it brings unpleasant moments.

Love, love, and love some more. 

Have faith and believe. 

xo, Jacqlyn

Have faith and believe (even if you have to find it in the corner of your closet).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

The Sound of Pretty All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger